About Course #L0809
Release Date: January 31, 2017
Expiration Date: January 30, 2020
OriginalRelease Date: July 30, 2013
This basic-level course describes current recommendations on the benefits of using denture adhesives. The course discusses the advantages and disadvantages of various denture cleansing methods. Health risks and recommendations associated with wearing dentures overnight are discussed, and methods for proper denture storage are outlined and reviewed. This course can help dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants improve the health and quality of life of their patients who wear dentures.
AGD Subject Code: 670
- Discuss the history and potential benefits of denture adhesive usage.
- Describe the importance and relative merits of various denture cleansing methods.
- Identify health risks and recommendations associated with overnight wearing of dentures.
- Describe the methods and recommendations for proper denture storage.
Western Schools designates this activity for 2 continuing education credits.
About the Author(s)
Sean M. Wetterer, PhD, is a senior manager of corporate research and development at Flavors and Fragrances, Inc.. He was previously an oral care researcher for GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare International. Dr. Wetterer holds a Bachelor of Science in chemistry, engineering, and applied science from California Institute of Technology, a PhD in chemistry from Princeton University, and an MBA from Indiana University, Kelley School of Business. Through his work with consumers and professionals in developing new products, Dr. Wetterer has found that patient education is an essential complement to innovative technology for ensuring patient health and satisfaction.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.