About Course #L0893
Review Date: July 11, 2018
Expiration Date: July 11, 2021
Original Release Date: June 26, 2015
Dental implants are an established treatment modality in dentistry with a high rate of success and few complications. However, complications do occur despite careful treatment planning and meticulous execution of clinical procedures. Surgical complications that can occur include infection, bleeding, wound dehiscence, primary instability of the implant, neurosensory changes, and tissue emphysema. After the implant is osseointegrated, other complications may arise, including inflammatory peri-implant lesions. All these conditions increase the risk of poor outcomes, including implant loss. This intermediate-level course addresses complications associated with dental implants and reviews selective options for their management.
AGD Subject Code: 690
- Describe the characteristics, prevalence, etiology, and patient- and implant-related risk factors associated with peri-implant diseases.
- Describe the screening and diagnosis of peri-implant diseases.
- Describe the dental management of peri-implant diseases.
- List the surgical complications associated with implant placement.
- Identify the hard tissue complications associated with implant placement.
Western Schools designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
About the Author(s)
John F. Kross, DMD, MSc, received his doctor of dental medicine degree from Temple University School of Dentistry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He completed a fellowship at Temple University Hospital in oral oncology and received a hospital appointment to the Department of Dentistry at the Medical Centers of Delaware (now the Christiana Care Health System).
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
Find Dental Implants: Complications and Peri-Implant Diseases, 2nd edition - L0893 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia