ReleaseDate: February 15th, 2020
ExpirationDate: February 14th, 2023
Thepurpose of this basic-level course is to equip dental professionals with theability to recognize the classifications and classic signs and symptoms ofdiabetes mellitus, to grasp the relationship between periodontal disease anddiabetes, and to identify periodontal and other oral manifestations associatedwith diabetes, including attachment loss, alveolar bone loss, gingivitis,xerostomia, and oral candidiasis.
1. Describe the classic signs and symptoms of the different types ofdiabetes.
2. Explain the association between periodontal disease and diabetes.
3. Identify periodontal and other oral manifestations of diabetes.
4. List dental treatment considerations for diabetic patients.
5. Identify the potential adverse interactions between common oralhypoglycemic medications and medications used adjunctive to dental treatment.
Find Diabetes: Dental Management and Links to Periodontal Disease, 2nd edition - L1012 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia