Release Date: February 15th, 2020
Expiration Date: February 14th, 2023
InfectionControl and Prevention in the Dental Office, 3rd edition
This basic-level coursereviews the published guidelines and principles of infection control that areessential to prevent the spread of infectious disease in the dental office. Itscontent is relevant to all dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants.The course focuses on six core elements of infection control and describes eachelement in the context of the practice of dentistry.
1. Describe the responsibility of healthcare workers toensure that they, and the personnel that they supervise, adhere toscientifically accepted principles and practices of infection control.
2. Outline the modes and mechanisms of transmission ofpathogenic organisms in healthcare settings and the strategies for itsprevention and control.
3. Identify the engineering and work practice controls usedto reduce patient and healthcare worker exposure to potentially infectiousmaterial in healthcare settings.
4. Describe the selection and use of barriers and/or personalprotective equipment in preventing patient and healthcare worker contact withpotentially infectious material.
5. Identify how infection control principles and practicesfor cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization are used in healthcare settingsto create and maintain a safe environment for patient care.
6. Outline the efforts taken to prevent and controlinfectious and communicable diseases in healthcare workers.
Find Infection Control and Prevention in the Dental Office, 3rd edition - L0957 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia