About Course #L0922
Review Date: May 22, 2018
Expiration Date: May 22, 2021
Original Release Date: May 30, 2014
The California Dental Practice Act is the set of regulations that governs dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants. This course provides an overview of these governmental entities and outlines the content of the Dental Practice Act, its attending regulations, and other statutes relating to dental practice. The content of this basic-level course was derived primarily from the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs Dental Practice Act, California Code of Regulations, and California Dental Association Code of Ethics. With a more complete understanding of this Dental Practice Act, all dental team members will be better able to practice within its guidelines.
AGD Subject Code: 563
- List the agencies regulating dental practice in California.
- Describe the scope of practice and initial licensing requirements of dentists and dental auxiliaries in California.
- Describe the requirements for licensing renewal of dental professionals in California.
- Outline the prescription privileges of dental professionals in California.
- Describe the citations, fines, revocations, and suspensions that may be imposed on dental professionals.
- Describe malpractice claims arising from violations of laws and codes of ethics.
- Identify the regulations on dental advertising.
- Describe dental professionals'; mandatory reporter obligations and their role in identifying abuse.
- Explain the poster requirements for California dental practices.
Western Schools designates this activity for 2 continuing education credits.
This course fulfills your California state dental practice act dental requirements.
About the Author(s)
Dawn E. Kasper, RDH, is a published author, professional speaker, hygiene educator, and practice management consultant. She has practiced dental hygiene for more than 30 years and lectures on numerous topics, including pain management, dentinal hypersensitivity, salivary testing, optimizing whitening options, and communication. In addition to authoring several published articles and continuing education classes, Dawn provides consulting and coaching services for dental practices, sits on numerous dental panels, and works as an independent consultant in the corporate arena.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find California Dental Practice Act, 5th Edition - L0922 in your state