About Course #L0959
Release Date: September 26, 2018
Expiration Date: September 26, 2021
Correct diagnosis and timely treatment of potentially malignant disorders (PMDs) may help prevent malignant transformation in oral lesions. Lack of awareness about signs and symptoms of oral PMDs among general population and even physicians are believed to be responsible for the diagnostic delay of these entities.
This intermediate level course, appropriate for dental professionals, discusses oral leukoplakia, oral erythroplakia, oral lichen planus, oral submucous fibrosis and proliferative verrucous leukoplakia, their clinical presentation, and how to diagnose and manage these potentially malignant disorders.
AGD Subject Code: 730
- Identify the epidemiology and clinical presentation of oral leukoplakia, erythroplakia, lichen planus, submucous fibrosis and proliferative verrucous leukoplakia.
- Describe the evaluation methods used in screening for oral potentially malignant disorders.
- Distinguish the methods of diagnosing and how to differentiate the grading of oral potentially malignant disorders.
- Identify how to manage oral potentially malignant disorders.
Western Schools designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
About the Author(s)
Veronica Powers, DMD, received a BS degree from Providence College and a DMD degree from the Oregon Health and Science University. After working for four years as a general dentist in Portland, Oregon, Dr. Powers returned to New York City to serve as lead dentist for Phoenix House Foundation in Brooklyn, New York, where she provided comprehensive treatment for the residents of a rehabilitation facility.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Evaluation and Management of Oral Potentially Malignant Disorders - L0959 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia