About Course #L0907
Release Date: October 30, 2018
Expiration Date: October 30, 2021
The ability to light cure dental resins "on demand" in the mouth has revolutionized modern dentistry. Consequently the dental light curing unit (LCU) has become an indispensable piece of equipment in almost every dental office. Despite its routine use, the curing light and how it should be used is not well understood by most operators. This intermediate-level course discusses the current knowledge of dental curing lights and their use in dentistry.
AGD Subject Code: 250
- Identify the key health and safety issues associated with light curing in dentistry.
- Discuss the light curing of restorative resins.
- Explain the evolution of dental curing lights.
- Explain the factors related to the measuring and reporting of light output.
- Discuss the practical considerations for light curing dental resins in the mouth.
Western Schools designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
About the Author(s)
Karen D. Hallisey, DMD, is the dental planner at Western Schools. She received her undergraduate degree at Saint Michael's College in 1997 before earning her DMD from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in 2001. Dr. Hallisey is a licensed dentist in the state of Massachusetts and is a member of both the Massachusetts Dental Society and the American Dental Association. She worked as a general dentist in private practice for ten years before deciding to enter the realm of higher education.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
Find Light Curing in Dentistry - L0907 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia