About Course #L0882
Release Date: May 22, 2017
Expiration Date: December 31, 2020
This course offers an overview of the historically evolving role of mandated reporters and a description of child welfare services in Pennsylvania. It provides dental professionals with details of the legal requirements imposed on mandated reporters of child abuse. The course defines the statutory (legal) components of child abuse, including what does and does not constitute child abuse. Human trafficking is also addressed, including child labor trafficking and sex trafficking, and the risk factors and warning signs for both. The course provides dental professionals in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with the knowledge and tools they need to fulfill their legal responsibility to report suspected child abuse.
This course fulfills the requirement that all Pennsylvania dental professionals complete 2 hours of Board-approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of their license renewal.
Pennsylvania - Pre-approved by the PA Dept. of Public Welfare and the PA Dept. of Professional and Occupational Affairs to fulfill the 2 hour child abuse recognition and reporting CE requirement.
NOTE: In order to submit your course completion record to the Pennsylvania Department of State, the name on your account MUST be an exact match to the name on your license. If the name that appears on your account is different, please call 1-800-953-8731 to have your account updated.
- Describe the evolution of child protection legislation in the United States.
- Describe the child welfare system in Pennsylvania.
- Identify the components and categories of child abuse as defined by Pennsylvania law.
- Describe the provisions and responsibilities for reporting suspected child abuse in Pennsylvania.
- Recognize the indicators of child abuse.
Frank P. Cervone, JD, MA,
Meghan E. Johnson, MPH,
Erin E. Coltrera, LSW, MSSP,
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
Find Pennsylvania Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting, 2nd Edition - L0882 in your state