About Course #L0902
Release Date: July 12, 2018
Expiration Date: July 12, 2021
Head and neck cancer refers to a group of biologically similar cancers that start in the lip, oral cavity, nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, nasopharynx, and larynx. About 40% of head and neck cancers occur in the oral cavity, 15% in the pharynx, 25% in the larynx, and the remaining 20% are in the salivary glands and thyroid. Overall, they account for more than 500,000 cases annually worldwide. This advanced-level course will examine the risk factors, causes, and recent research associated with these cancers.
AGD Subject Code: 730
- Discuss viral carcinogenesis.
- Discuss bacterial carcinogenesis.
Western Schools designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
About the Author(s)
Karen D. Hallisey, DMD, is the dental planner at Western Schools. She received her undergraduate degree at Saint Michael's College in 1997 before earning her DMD from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in 2001. Dr. Hallisey is a licensed dentist in the state of Massachusetts and is a member of both the Massachusetts Dental Society and the American Dental Association. She worked as a general dentist in private practice for ten years before deciding to enter the realm of higher education.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find The Role of Oral Microbial Infections in Oral Cancer - L0902 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia