About Course #I6428
Release Date: January 31, 2018
Expiration Date: January 31, 2021
This intermediate level course is designed to educate OTs and OTAs on the implementation of exercise prescriptions in older adults. This course will review the multiple age-related systemic changes that take place in the cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine and musculoskeletal systems and describe how exercise may mitigate these changes. This course will also provide recommended exercise prescriptions according to the most recent American College of Sports Medicine guidelines for older adults and discuss common barriers for exercise participation in older adults.
AOTA Content Focus - OT Process: Intervention
0.4 AOTA CEUs are awarded upon successful completion of this course.
About the Author(s)
Odessa Addison, DPT, PhD, is a physical therapist with many years of experience working with older adults. Dr. Addison received her DPT in 2005 and a doctorate in rehabilitation science in 2012, both from the University of Utah, where her focus of study was neuromuscular adaptations in the older adult. Her dissertation focused on how physical activity influenced inflammation, fat in the muscle, and mobility in older adults.
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that the course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find Therapeutic Exercise and the Older Adult: An Evidence-Based Approach, 2nd Edition - I6428 in your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- US Virgin Islands
- Washington DC
- West Virginia