About Course #V7302
Release Date: April 23, 2018
Expiration Date: April 23, 2021
This intermediate level course offers respiratory therapists an overview of current polysomnography scoring guidelines as they relate to common sleep disorders. The basic anatomy and physiology of sleep as well as pathophysiology and intervention of sleep disorders are also discussed.
- Discuss the purpose and stages of sleep.
- Identify common sleep disorders.
- Explain the symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea.
- Describe the process of diagnosing obstructive sleep apnea.
- Define the diagnostic criteria for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Describe the treatments for obstructive sleep apnea.
About the Author(s)
Jarrod Rowe, RPSGT, RST, is the technical director of the A-STEP Program for the Athens Sleep and Wellness Center, Athens, Georgia. Mr. Rowe is a registered polysomnographic technologist (RPSGT) and a registered sleep technologist (RST). He has worked in sleep medicine as a polysomnographic technologist since 2008. Mr. Rowe is the codirector of the Sleep Health Conference Series and was a presenter at the Georgia Association of Sleep Professionals conference in 2013. He has served on the board of directors for the Georgia Association of Sleep Professionals as a technical member and treasurer.
Indah Sari, MD, RPSGT, graduated from the faculty of medicine at Trisakti University, Jakarta, Indonesia, in 2007 as a medical doctor. Dr. Sari is certified by the board of registered polysomnographic technologists (BRPT) as a registered polysomnographic technologist (RPSGT).
- Courses must be completed on or before the expiration date noted in the course description above.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools' policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.